The Changing landscape

The Old landscape of Mangalore


The New landscape of Mangalore


Like any other city in India, Mangalore is also growing rapidly. As the city is growing large scale infrastructure projects are changing the landscape of Mangalore city. The small shops and houses are giving its way to large shopping complexes and Multi storied apartments.

The landscape of Mangalore in my childhood days was like the first picture, lush green and tiled houses. There were hardly a few big buildings and the city was less crowded.

But today when you see Mangalore from above, you can see a lot of high rises buildings. The green landscape is slowly getting converted into concrete jungles.

I hope we save a bit of greenery for our future generations.

1 comment:

  1. We need to save a lot more greenery than a bit. Whenever I come to Mangalore, my hometown I enjoy the greenery & scenic beauty all around. Hope always it remains the same.

    ReplyDelete